Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The making of a piñata

For Caysja's 6th birthday she told us she really wanted a piñata. When I went to look for them I discovered that they are kind of expensive and so I was telling Caleb this and he said, "well, why don't you make one?" I was like, "yeah, right!" So he decided to! I wish I had pictures of the way it first looked with all the flour and water paste all OVER the kitchen! The first three balloons popped as he was covering them with the paper mache and let me say the kitchen was a total DISASTER!! Then then fourth balloon worked great. After letting it dry for a couple of days Caleb took tiny pieces of tissue paper and glued them on by hand. He worked on it every night after work for about two weeks. I have to say that I was TOTALLY impressed by how it turned out! We estimate that it probably took him about 15 hours or so. Caysja LOVED it and now Crew is begging for one for his birthday too!  Doesn't it look professional?!






1 comment: